Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lists and Updates.

List of Things I Need to Get:
  • Mason Jars for Food Items, such as Rice, Lentils, Quinoa, Sugar
  • French Press, so that I can quit making coffee with a saucepan, strainer, and paper towel
  • Tea Kettle, so that I can make hot water in something other than a saucepan
  • Nutritional Yeast
  • Laundry Detergent
  • Bookshelves
  • Air Mattress
  • Couch-like object
  • Laptop-Television Converter
Things I Did Today:
  • Sleep in
  • Go on a Date Walking through Central Park
  • Eat Sushi with Pickle Squash (mmmm)
  • Scrub for 2 hours in the Kitchen
  • Discover my Debit Card has Mysterious Charges
  • Not my Laundry
  • Look for an Affordable Air Mattress

I really feel as though I'm settling in to New York. I'm starting to get a feeling for where the good grocery stores are, how long it takes to get places, and which lines to take on the subway. Yesterday I worked for the first time since moving, which was moste excellente, especially considering how poor I am.

I was working for a lady on Staten Island. I placed an ad on Craigslist looking for nanny work, and what I found instead was work as a Personal Care Assistant. Basically, I accompanied Carolyn all day, drove her van, and ensured that her wheelchair was securely fastened when it needed to be. She also went to Manhattan School of Music (many years ago) so we had much to discuss, which made the day all the more pleasant.

I will continue to work for Carolyn on an irregular basis (including this saturday, when I will drive in Manhattan for the first time!), and it will most likely in the future also involve her children. I'm so incredibly grateful for pleasant income. Truly.

It's time to get ready for bed, as I have a meeting with the registrar in the morning to finalize my schedule!

I'm very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment